All products featured on Vogue are independently selected by our editors. However, we may earn affiliate revenue on this article and commission when you buy something.
Our transitional capsule wardrobes keep getting sleeker; quiet luxury has replaced conspicuous logos, crisp button-ups are suddenly the chicest staples, and 2022’s platform loafer craze? It’s being phased out with a more streamlined style that hearkens back to women’s smoking loafers. And the biggest fans of these subtle statement shoes? Fashion’s favorite It girls, of course, from Kendall Jenner and Hailey Bieber to Gigi Hadid.
Vogue’s Fall-Loafer Wish List:
- The Everyday Loafer: Everlane Modern loafers, $165
- The Supermodel-Approved Loafer: The Row Adam textured-leather loafers, $1,080
- The Statement Suede Loafer: Gucci Jordaan loafers, $920
- The Minimalist’s Loafer: Porte & Paire leather loafers, $300
- The Patent Pair: Aeyde Oscar patent-leather loafers, $395
- The Fall Fashion Favorite: Tory Burch Perrine loafers, $328
- The Slipper Style: Saint Laurent Chris slippers, $995
- The Summertime Loafer: Reformation Ani ruched loafers, $268
- The Chain-Effect Loafer: COS leather chain loafers, $250
- The Pointed-Toe Pick: Khaite Marfa 15 square-toe leather loafers, $850
- The Crocodile-Embellished Pair: Flattered Sara loafers, $251
With outstanding offerings from Everlane and Khaite to COS and Toteme, the smoking loafer is part of a bigger minimalist movement—one that is also backed by plain white tees, delightful denim, timeless trench coats, and the list could go on. Should you need more evidence, The Row’s Adam loafers have reached supermodel status both on the streets and the runway, sported most notably by Kendall Jenner.