Monday, September 25, 2023
HomeHealth & FitnessAconite poisoning 12 prompts recall of Keampferia Galanga Powder

Aconite poisoning 12 prompts recall of Keampferia Galanga Powder

According to an update on September 1, the York Region Public Health Department of Canada found that Mr. Right brand Keampferia Galanga Powder was associated with illness in 12 people who tested positive for aconite toxin.

Most of the 12 patients who developed symptoms following a meal at the restaurant on Sunday, August 28 have recovered and are no longer hospitalized. Several people are very sick, but they are getting better. In the latest update, only one remains in the hospital.

On September 1, Jia Yongxing issued a recall of Mr. Right brand Keampferia Galanga Powder due to aconitine contamination.

The toxin aconitine comes from the roots of a plant, Aconite, also known as wolf poison, or Keampfeira, which is a poisonous plant.

Contaminated food aconitine won’t look or smell bad, but it can still make you sick. Symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness, irregular heartbeat and, in severe cases, death. Symptoms appear quickly.

The recalled product has been sold in Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec, Canada, and may have been sold in other provinces and territories.

recalled products


brand Product Size
gentlemen. Right Keampferia Galanga Powder Product Code AT154 454 g 69 892102 8038 CAAJ13

Consumers, restaurants and retailers should See if you have recalled a product. The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) advises the public not to consume, serve, use, sell or distribute the recalled products. Recalled products should be discarded or returned to the place of purchase.

(Sign up for a free subscription to Food Safety News, Click here.)



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


Featured NEWS