Damon Lindelof opens up about why he recently parted ways with Star Wars) Franchise.
In an interview with
Esquire, posted online Friday, the creator of Lost claimed, “I’m not just talking about joining Star Wars universe. I joined the Star Wars universe and was asked to leave.”
In March, it was reported that Peaky Blinders
creator Steven Knight would step in to direct the Oscar-winning Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy’s project script after the departure of Lindelof and budding writer Justin Britt Gibson.
Previously, Lindelof started work on the film in July 2022 Work, a two-week secret meeting with a writer to break a story. Afterwards, he and Britt-Gibson began writing scripts for a project that would follow of 43728671) Star Wars : The Rise of Skywalker , according to sources at the time.
While this movie didn’t work out, The Leftovers creators would gladly go back to Star Wars universe. “Will I re-queue outside the club and then try to get back in?” he added. “Of course.”
Lindelof said the original Star Wars was the first he saw in theaters Movies, he really connects with the storytelling of movies, so that definitely has a special place in his heart.
He said, “If you don’t succeed at first, try again, or try again, as Yoda would say.”
Earlier this month, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy was at the Star Wars Celebration in London revealed that there are three new Star Wars features in development . Specifically, Daisy Ridley will star in the Obaid-Chinoy film.
The Hollywood Reporter
has reached out to Lucasfilm representatives for comment.