The staff for , the upcoming new film in the anime, revealed a new trailer and poster visual on Sunday at the “Digi Fes 2023” event. The video features ‘s original opening theme song “Target ~Akai Shōgeki~” by Kouji Wada.
The film will open in Japan on October 27.
The film’s story is set in February 2012, a little after the stories in the anime and the anime. The film will feature main lead Daisuke Motomiya (Davis Motomiya in English) and other main characters at 20 years old.
Returning cast members include:
- Fukujurō Katayama as Daisuke Motomiya
- Junko Noda as V-Mon
- Arthur Lounsbery as Ken Ichijōji
- Naozumi Takahashi as Wormmon
- Ayaka Asai as Miyako Inoue
- Kouichi Toochika as Hawkmon
- Yoshitaka Yamaya as Iori Hida
- Megumi Urawa as Armadimon
- Junya Enoki as Takeru Takaishi
- Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
- M.A.O as Hikari Yagami
- Yuka Tokumitsu as Tailmon
New cast members include:
- Megumi Ogata as Rui Ōwada, a mysterious youth who descended from Tokyo Tower and says, “I was the first in the world to become a DigiDestined”
- Rie Kugimiya as Ukkomon, a Digimon who looks like a slippery marine creature and who is the key to the plot
Director Tomohisa Taguchi (four-part film series, , ) and scriptwriter Akatsuki Yamatoya (, , ), the anime studio Yumeta Company, and the production company Toei Animation are returning from .
Producer Yōsuke Kinoshita () previously emphasized that the new film will revolve around the characters from . He further explained that the team wanted to tell a story about Daisuke and his friends because they have a different appeal about them, compared to Taichi/Tai and his friends from the first television anime.
was the first direct television anime sequel to the first series, although it featured a new set of main characters. The show aired from April 2000 to March 2001 in Japan, and then it aired from August 2000 to May 2001 in the United States. Discotek announced at Otakon on Saturday that it will release the anime in English and then in Japanese.
The sequel film told “the last adventure of Tai and Agumon.” The film opened in Japan in February 2020, and then got a release outside Japan in 2020-2021.
Source: Press release