DWCS Week 6: Kinoshita Yusaku defeats Jose Enrique in the third round of TKO
Dana White’s Contenders series is just halfway through the season, and it’s been going well so far.
The night kicked off with the first round of submissions. The ladies came in second and, although not finished, performed for the crowd…and Dana White. The next two games ended the opening round in submissive fashion, and it was a night not to be missed.
In the Main Event, Japan’s Kinoshita takes on Brazil’s Jose Enrique in a match many believed Kinoshita would dominate. After Kinoshita’s low shot stopped the game, we saw that oddsmakers and fans may have underestimated Enrique, he wouldn’t go down without a fight, and there were even moments when it looked like he might use a strike to stop Kinoshita .
But in the end it was Kinoshita in the third round. He was able to drag his opponent into deep water and ended him with a strike.
Robert Whittaker on Luke Rockhold’s retirement: ‘He looks tired of fighting’
DWCS Week 6 Official Live Results
- Kinoshita Yusaku defeated Jose Enrique TKO, Round 3 – 0:43
- Sedriques Dumas defeated Matej Penaz by Submission (Guillotine), Round 1 – 0:47
- Mateusz Rebecki defeats Rodrigo Lidio by commit (post-naked choke), Round 1 – 3:05
- Viktoriya Dudakova defeated Maria Silva by decision (29-28 x3)
- Blake Bilder by commit ( After Naked Choking) defeated Alexander Morgan, Round 1 – 3:15