Sonic Frontiers will officially release to the public tomorrow, and Sega has officially announced the game’s frame rates for the current and previous-gen console versions. Digital Trends reached out to Sega after some misunderstandings about the game’s frame rate during our preview. On Monday, the company confirmed the correct frame rate for each console/platform, as well as the performance specs they come with so you can decide which speed is right for you. The result is about what you would expect. The game can hit 60 fps on current-gen consoles, but will hit 30 fps on older hardware. The official frame rates for Sonic Frontiers are as follows.
- PS5: Performance Mode=1080p, up to 60 fps / Resolution Mode=Up to 4K Dynamic Resolution, 30 fps
- PS4: Dynamic Resolutions up to 1080p, 30 fps
- Xbox Series X/S: Performance Mode=1080p, up to 60 fps/Resolution Mode=Up to 4K Dynamic Resolution, 30 fps
- Xbox One: Dynamic Resolution up to 1080p @ 30 fps
- Nintendo Switch: Dynamic resolution up to 720p @ 30 fps (handheld and docked)
- Steam: Dynamic resolution up to 4K , 60 frames per second (depending on individual PC specs)
If you want the best gaming experience exploring Starfall Islands with Sonic, 60 fps is for you the best choice. However, if you need something slower, or if you don’t have a PS5 or Xbox Series X/S at all, 30 fps might be a better speed for you. Sonic Frontiers is coming to PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam on November 8th.
- Even in forward Along the way, Sonic Frontiers won’t forget the series’ past
- You need to start using these 5 hidden Xbox Series X features
- Sonic’s Best Skill Frontiers
- Best Xbox Series X Games of 2022
- If you like game history, you need to try Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration