here’What to know on opening day of the Arizona Fall League
Arizona Fall League is turning 27!
In addition to games at these venues, this year’s fall league will feature a three-game winning streak Saturday, October at Chase Field, home of the D-backs . The AFL Home Run Derby will be held for the first time on Saturday, Nov. 5, followed by the annual Fall All-Star Game at Sloan Park in Mesa the following day.
Next Friday in November , Peoria Sports Complex will host a game – with a new schedule for the semi-finals ahead of the league championship game on Saturday in November , at Scottsdale Stadium. The Fall Stars and Championship Game will be broadcast on the MLB Network.
) As usual, the AFL roster is full of talent. Have16 players from the top MLB Pipeline 97 competing this fall, including Five top players 26 alone. Salt River will be Cardinals outfielder Jordan Walker (No. 6), guard shortstop Jordan Laura (No. 6
For full coverage of the AFL, visit the official league website www .mlb.com /afl.
. Jordan Lawlar, SS, D-backs (Salt River)
. Noelvi Marte, SS, Reds (Glendale)
16. Henry Davis, C, Pirates (surprise)
12. Zac Veen, OF, Rockies (Salt River)
24. Jasson Domínguez, OF, Yankees (Mesa)
27. Quinn Priester, RHP, Pirates (Surprise)
39. Brennan Davis, OF, Cubs (Mesa)
35. Masyn Winn, SS, Cardinals (Salt River)
30. Andy Pages, OF, Dodgers (Glendale)
42. Matt McClain, SS, Red Army (Glendale)
42. Jackson Merrill, SS, Padres (Peoria)
60. So, RHP, Cardinals (Salt River)
76. Nick Gonzales, 2B, Pirates (Surprise)
94. Zach Groff, 3B, Track and Field (Mesa)
MLB also announced that following this season’s Minor League Test, the Arizona Fall League will implement the following new rules of play: pitching timers, defensive position limits, larger bases, and automated hitting system (“ABS”) challenges . This challenge system allows batsmen, pitchers and catchers to challenge the referee#s call at the plate with the ABS System, will only be tested at Talking Stick and Salt River Fields at Chase Field.
After successful testing in MiLB, the average game time decreased 27 minutes, Major League Rules, recently approved by the Play Committee, will enforce time limits between pitches, innings and changes.
Defensive Stance: According to Major League Baseball The play committee recently approved that the defensive team must have at least four players in the infield, each with their feet fully in front of the infield line, and two infield players must be fully flanking second base.
- Peoria (Bryan Woo, Mariners) in Glendale (Emmet Sheehan, Dodgers), 3: 19 PM ET
- Mesa (Holt Jones, Marlins) at Scottsdale (Connor Fescoe) York, Angels), 9: 23 PM EST
Salt River (Conor Thomas, Cardinals) Surprise (Quinn Pugh Lister, Pirates), 3: 35 PM ET
October 3: Opening Day
October : Chase Field triple head from 2: 35 PM ET
Nov 5: Home Run Derby, Sloan Park, 9: 19 PM ET
November: Championship Game, Scottsdale Stadium, 7pm ET