The wait is over – Kyle Busch has confirmed where he will play next season.
The two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion has confirmed he will be leaving Joe Gibbs Racing to join Richard Childress Racing in 2023.
“The process took longer than I expected, but it’s one of the most important decisions of my life and I definitely can’t rush it,” Bush said in a Tuesday morning speech. said at a press conference. “I had to find a place where I knew I could win races right away. Collecting trophies is still the main reason I get up and go to the racetrack every day. I also need a place where I can feel reset and be as welcome as I am… …At the end of the day, one team and one owner became the clear choice.
“I am pleased to announce that I will be bringing my talents to the welcome of North Carolina starting in 2023, for the Richard Childress Racing drives the No. 8 car.
Jordan Bianchi of The Athletic first reported the move Saturday, and Bob Pockrass of Fox Sports reported shortly after that Bush And RCR is “in advanced negotiations” and the team “begins notifying sponsors on Friday. Asked if he was going to RCR, Bush said Saturday: “I don’t have any new news to share. If I do, I assure you there will be some kind of big announcement. Unfortunately, there isn’t one yet.
“So we’re still working behind the scenes, trying to put it all together. It’s not done yet.”
Well, Busch decided on Sunday to use a simple Tweeted “Tuesday” to tease the long-awaited contract, with an image that said “announcement is coming” above 9.13. 22.”
The two-time NASCAR The Cup Series champion has been with the Joe Gibbs team for 15 years, but his future with the team is in trouble this season. Busch’s sponsor, Mars Inc., is leaving at the end of the 2022 campaign, and JGR has reportedly yet to find a replacement. However, Busch has previously said he would take a pay cut and fight below “market value” if it meant he could stay on his long-term team.
Toyota is keen to keep his family.
“We would be foolish not to put everything at home and keep him at home,” David Wilson, president of Toyota Motorsport Development, told Fox Sports last month. “That’s what we continue to do. … It’s not just an offensive consideration.
“I don’t want to play an angry Kyle Busch. He does some damage wherever he lands. “
Sports Business Magazine recently reported the emergence of two front-runners – the RCR and the 23XI car. According to the team’s official press release, RCR is a two-team team consisting of Austin Dillon and Tyler Reddick, the latter of whom will remain in RCR despite being pulled from the No. 8 car in favor of Busch. What role to play.
The day before the Watkins Glen International in August, Busch talked about how being without a contract was “difficult. Hell” and “a lot of sleepless nights.” Night” about his future.
“I’ve been trying to do other commercial projects and stuff like that, but none of them really blew up and took off,” Busch told NBC Sports’ Dustin Long. “So, it’s hard, it’s definitely hard to figure out all of this.”
MORE RACING REPORT:
- Will Power Captures 2022 IndyCar Series Championship
- Verstappen spoils Ferrari’s return despite Leclerc’s surge
- After Darlington fire, Harvick Speak on NASCAR’s Next-Generation Cars