It’s almost unbelievable that as of last night, the succession is officially over. What am I going to do Sunday night (well, other than tarot)? Who can help me feel better about how dysfunctional my family is? If I didn’t have Shiv Roy on my TV screen, whose hair and clothes would I be obsessed with?
While I am in the midst of a grieving process – and expect it to be for a while – I also want to say goodbye to Succession Shout out to the writers of , who remind us every week that there’s no upper limit (or lower limit) to how dirty you can get on HBO. Without further ado, here’s a roundup of the best lines from the final season, ranked:
10 . “You Might want to put down that fish taco. Your blues are everywhere”
Why don’t we have more Gerri and Greg scenes?
9. “Hey Buddha, good Tom Ford”
You know a roman zinger has to get into this roster, and this guy is at the top of his game.
8. “I want to sing a song at karaoke because I saw it in the movie and no one wants to go”
Connor, I will sing karaoke with you OK!
7. “I’m the boss!”
Connor wanted to say something, but Jeremy Strong was right The expression of this sentence is perfect.
6. “We’ll have a ready-made funeral. We can do it like Ronald Reagan, with a little tweak”
Rich people are really different from you and me, especially when it comes to burying their patriarchs.
5. “Your earlobes are thick and chewy like barnacle meat”
I say this for Shiv and Tom: they are never boring.
4. “We’re calling Kerry a cab to the subway so she can go home to her little apartment”
Never underestimate Marcia.
3. “He can’t hold a full woman in his head”
Shiv rarely speaks Anything worth noting, let alone saying, is hauntingly true (sorry, Shivheads), but the description of Logan in her eulogy is perfect.
2. “Because she brought a ridiculously large bag. There, huh? Subway flats? Her lunch pail?”
Tom 4 lyfe.
1. “I love you but you’re not serious”
Hey, at least Logan finally said “I love you” to his kids? Even sandwiched in the middle of devastating reads I’ll never forget?