Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio, Life, She Said, Top Gun: Maverick and Women Talk are movies Nominations and Episodes The Crown , Fleishman in Trouble , Slow Horses , Tokyo Vice and Under the Heaven are TV finalists because 31th USC Scripter Awards, USC Libraries announced Wednesday.
Most notable nominations are Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio and Top Gun: Maverick, as the screenplays for these films have not yet gained wide acceptance, while the critically acclaimed novel adaptations All Quiet on the Western Front , Lady Chatterley’s Lover and White Noise, NonfictionThe Good Nurse and DramaThe Whale are also eligible.
Screenwriter of the Year – Nominations are determined by a selection committee chaired by screenwriters and USC professors, as are the winners
Howard Rowe DERMAN
- – will be held in person on Saturday, March 4 at USC’s historic Edward L. Doheny Jr. Memorial Library, after two years of the pandemic necessitating Hold a virtual ceremony.
“Screenwriting,” the USC Libraries’ annual black-tie fundraiser, honors Best film adaptation of a print work since , and from 2013 Start accessing TV episodes. Nominees and winners are selected by a selection committee comprised of film journalists, writers, screenwriters, producers and USC staff, among others. Both authors of print works and screen writers are recognized.
Screenplay and Best Adapted Screenplay Oscar in past occasion14 year (but None in the last five years): Schindler’s List (1993), Sense and Sensibility (1993)) , LA Confidential (1993), A Beautiful Mind (1997), No Country for Old Men (2007), Slumdog Millionaire (2008), Social network (2007), descendant (2010 ), Argo (2012), A Year a Slave (2011), The Imitation Game (2014) , Big Short (2014), Moonlight (2015) and call me by your name (2016).
Here is the full list of nominees for this year’s film:
- Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio (Screenwriter Guiller Mo del Toro , Patrick McHale and Matthew Robbins ), adapted from a fairy tale T he Adventures of Pinocchio(Author
- Carlo Collodi
- Life (Screenwriter Kazuo Ishiguro), adapted from the novella The Death of Ivan Ilyich (by Leo Tolstoy ) She Said(screenwriter
- ), adapted from a non-fiction book She says: Breaking down sexual harassment stories that helped ignite a movement (by Jodi Kantor and Megan Toohey
Top Gun: Maverick(Written by Peter Craig, Ehren Kruger, Justin Marks, Christopher McQuarrie and Eric Warren
- ), based on roles in California magazine article “Top Gun” (by Ehud Jonai
- ) Women Talking (screenwriter Sarah Polley ), adapted from the novel of the same name (author Miriam Toews ) 2016
Here is the full list of this year’s TV nominees:
- Crown episode “Couple 31” (writer Peter Morgan
- ), according to his Stage playThe Audience Fleishman Is in Trouble episode “The Liver” (written by Taffy Brodesser-Akner), based on her book of the same name
- Slow Horses episode “Failure’s Contagious” (writer Will Smith ), adapted from the novel of the same name (author Mick Herron
- ) Tokyo Victory Episode “Yoshino” (Screenwriter JT Rogers
- ), adapted from the memoirTokyo Vice: American Reporter Police Beat in Japan(Author
- Jake Adelstein
Under the Banner of Heavenepisode “When God Was Love”(written byDustin Lance Black), adapted from the documentary work of the same name (au ThorJon Krakauer
- ) 2016